Friday, March 30, 2007

It's Alive! Sort of..

OK, so I got the call that the car was running. The new harness was in and everything was there to at least see if the car would run. From what I can gather from what Len told me the Healey was last on the road in the early 1980's when the restoration originally started. When I bought the car it had a license plate that was from 1982 (they were light blue with white numbers back then). So, without an actual eye witness it seems like it has been at least 20 years since the car had been driven. Here are some pictures of the car with a tin can as a gas tank, since the original was rusted beyond repair. I actually have yet to hear the car run, but Ken told me it runs and Len told me the engine had good compression when I bought it.. so fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home